Mud in My Blood Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think to go with Zillas or Big Horn 2.0, if I install 28" Zillas, Am I looking for trouble on my BF 750 with 2" lift, no spring mods, no chip, stock bike except the 2"? Or I should stick to go on 27"? Also, when installing new wheels, do you change de nut? Original one seem to be little big, or you still you the one of the bike?
I ran 28" Zillas on my brute; no springs or clutch work. Never had any problems. Very light tires.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
i just traded a set of 30"backs for some 28"dirt devil2's....them 30's bout killed my brute. im lookin forward to seein how these devils pull.
How did it almost kill it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Broke axles and then the trans started poppin outta gear. just split the case and the trans was toast!!! Ill never run a 30 " tire again .....ive run swamplites on this brute n never had any problems, 30" baks an 1800$ later, im almost ready to run.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Well not sure what that has to do w/ best all around tire, the back is a pure mud tire so... Definitely not an all-around tire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will have to agree that the Outlaw Radials that I ran were the best pulling tire in every situation I had them in. Down side? They are HEAVY! If there were any places to trail ride around here I'd still have them, probably in a 27".

Also, I just got back not too long ago from my first real trail ride. It was on the Hatfield McCoy trail system in West Virginia. The most popular tire up there hands down is the original Bighorn, which is what my wife ran on her MAX with Renegade XXC beadlock wheels. They really did shine in all conditions up there.

·
Registered
324 Posts
OUTLAW MST's loved them. long lasting and got me through everything. even in reverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not that I've seen anyone else run them, but I bought a set of 27" EFX MOTOMAX best tire I have ever ran, mud, sand, water, rocks they're awesome tires. Look them up awesome set of tires, fairly light and stand tall to true height as said on side wall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
28" mega mayhems vs 27" outlaws

Im looking at 28" mega mayhems and 27" outlaws for my 2011 outlander 800 but cant make up my mind on which ones. I need help!!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
27" grim reapers. I ran a set all last year. They do real well in sand, on trails, and in the mud. As long as I didn't bottom out, I could go anywhere I wanted. I'd follow my son n law and he's got 30" backs.

----that is all---

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
^ I'd like to try a set of those on the Rex. Provided it doesnt get traded for a boat haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personal opinion would be 28" mayhems. Love mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would zillas be good for beach sand? I bought my brute for pulling my 1000lb jetski in and out of the water on beaches and mud. I don't want a paddle tire. Thanks

·
7,397 Posts
Probably way better then many others but it is a mud & trail tire. Sand is a little different animal. Paddle tires work well in sand because they have bars all the way across that captures a large amount of sand and applys pressure on a block that spans between it and the next bar. Any tire that has full length bars and large open areas between will always work better on sand then many others. Maybe look at tread designs like Big Horns, Dirt Devels...Moto...even an ITP Mudlite...ect. Just my opinion from what I've seen. Want to move through without trenching in.

I will throw-in that I ride on many different surfaces and sand dunes and hills are one of them, and my Grim Reapers are the best I have ever had for...all of them ...especialy sand hill climbing. Moist sand is always fantastic. There was only once when a little pucker came in to play on a long steep hill that had deep, dry sugar blow sand at the top at about a 47 degree angle that nearly stopped me...but the Reapers came through and put me over the top! So...for me...I'm sold on these.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Zilla's gonna burry you in sand trying to pull something.... Go w/ something more all-terrain like the bighorn, or the GR's like NMK reported on.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mud lites have worked best for me at the creek. The creek we ride is mostly sand and the ML keep on going. I have ran radials and pure mud tires in the sand they both seem to burry hub deep very quickly. If you begin to spin down with the ML you can usually back right out of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just picked them up today for my dad, nobody has them that we ride with. I read a few things about them and my dad is not too aggressive and avoids most of the mud so i think they will do great.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts