Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22k members, and not one single post all day today! Is everyone out in the woods?

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
Long story short, my buddy and I started and ran this forum for a long time. We grew and grew to the point where we could really no longer keep up from a software standpoint. We sold the forum to a company, and it pissed a lot of people off so they left...

Reactions: JPs300 and Slydog

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks. We need to fix that. Who cares who owns it? A forum is a community of people, not its owner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Long story short, my buddy and I started and ran this forum for a long time. We grew and grew to the point where we could really no longer keep up from a software standpoint. We sold the forum to a company, and it pissed a lot of people off so they left...
Well you got acouple new people

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
Yeah and the sad part is nothing changed really. We put it in the original contract that the new owners couldn't just come in and change everything. But, whatever. It grew once, it can grow again with new people. The key to growing a forum like this is information. How-To's. DIY's.... That's how we did it. Free information to whomever needs it. How do I fix this? This is how... and no, you don't have to pay us to tell you how... lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think alot of forums are slower because of Facebook it seems?
But good info keeps people coming back. I'm a tech on a 2t forum so good information definitely helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think alot of forums are slower because of Facebook it seems?
But good info keeps people coming back. I'm a tech on a 2t forum so good information definitely helps.
I don't have Facebook, Twitter, or any other liberal-leaning censorship platform.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I creep every once in awhile. Got out of riding a few years ago. Still talk to some of the old members. Filthy redneck is still my best friend , he’s still riding has a bad ass X-3

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I creep every once in awhile. Got out of riding a few years ago. Still talk to some of the old members. Filthy redneck is still my best friend , he’s still riding has a bad ass X-3
What made you get out of riding?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well I lived in Tyler Tx mud parks everywhere oilfield kinda slowed down in east Texas moved to a region of Texas where there wasn’t any mud parks and was working everyday or if I did get time to go I barely had time to wash and maintenance my stuffbedore I had to be back at work. And went through a narely divorce and sold mine and ex’s rides and never bought anything else. Plus the price on some of these machines are way more money then I’m willing to spend at this point in my life. But the itch has been coming around more and more here lately

Reactions: SparkyPrep

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
Price has gotten ridiculous, so have the builds. I've been watching uncle packy's on youtube and all the SxS's are using portals and 40"+ tires it's crazy... Even the quads are on lifts, portals, and 37"+ tires... It's funny watching people try to ride quads like that, no control, no finesse, so top heavy... its crazy.

My Sportsman is stock and will stay that way... I need it to do work and be reliable. lol Can't say I don't miss it though... Hitting the mud...

Walker I posted a thread a few days ago of my old brute, a buddy found it for sale online, did you see it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got about $30k in mine, and I cant come close to competing with some of those guys on those videos.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Price has gotten ridiculous, so have the builds. I've been watching uncle packy's on youtube and all the SxS's are using portals and 40"+ tires it's crazy... Even the quads are on lifts, portals, and 37"+ tires... It's funny watching people try to ride quads like that, no control, no finesse, so top heavy... its crazy.

My Sportsman is stock and will stay that way... I need it to do work and be reliable. lol Can't say I don't miss it though... Hitting the mud...

Walker I posted a thread a few days ago of my old brute, a buddy found it for sale online, did you see it?
Yes I did. That was hard to look at. But at least you can say you didn’t let it get into that condition

Reactions: Polaris425

·
Administrator
15,421 Posts
True. I though about offering him $200 for it and see if I could get her back running. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
True. I though about offering him $200 for it and see if I could get her back running. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be a fun project

1 - 20 of 21 Posts