Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant decide which tires to run,i have the 28 backs on now,but think they might be to rough on the trails,i have some vamp sand mud zilla combo i could run or the edls.what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't like Laws?

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
What are your riding areas like? Creeks, trails, all mud, water, deep mud w/ no bottom, mostly ruts? Or just wherever & whatever is in front of you? ;) lol

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trails hills and some mud.i dont have any laws.

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
hmm.. I think something less agressive would be better then. 589's, Bugs, Zilla's, MST's, MudLite XL (is it XL or XLT?) The swamp fox is a pretty cool tire to that often looked over.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I agree with Jon, a less agressive tire would be best for you.
And also have to agree with the swamp fox also, had 'em in 28s, really liked them on the trails and did fairly well in the mud. They do tend to dig a bit, run an inch short and mine also had a wobble to them but only noticed on the road!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will try the backs and see how it goes,i am gonna take my vamp/mudzilla combo with me and see if it is any better,if not then i can always go back to the swamp witches.i may have a big tire and wheel sale soon.lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
man i've heard the backs were bad about tearing on the trail rides.i run 30" mudlites,and i do a lot better than i did with my 29.5 laws.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we will see,hope not they cost enough.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
my 31's are a plush ride :)

You should get some zillas. Maxxis makes some LIGHT tires. You can ride about anywhere on those bad boys.
Another good tire that is overlooked it the MudGear by Innova. It's a cheap but sorta heavy tire. I was impressed seeing how they performed in mud. If you got the wheel speed to keep em clean, they do work. Trail riding was pretty good too. Climbing ability was on par with similar class tires.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the 27/12 vamps with the 28/8 mudzilla's maybe better riding,we will see,i might just leave the sbacks in the trailer and use for mud only.i got a set of edls also though,gonna have to sale something shop is full of 28 inchers

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i feel like you shouldnt even think about running the silverbacks, since you have other options, and since you plan on riding hills.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright thanks.i like the backs in the mud but dont wont to eat em up or cuss them on the trails.might leave em in the trailer or sell em.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well the vamp /mudzilla combo is very nice,alot smoother and should take me anywhere i need to go.if not i always got the edls or back to put on,unless somebody wants to buy the backs.actually the vamp combo is a little taller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts