Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you that have Power Commanders put them in a dry storage box such as the otter box or similar. If so which size box.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
now thats an idea my man!
I was told that it was 99% water proof but hey otterbox would be 100%. Hopefully u can get it to fit under the seat.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i believe it will fit in the pelican case 1010 and bigger.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
doesnt it have to be plugged in somewhere, therefore the otterbox wouldnt close all the way unless you bore holes in it then silicone if off i guess or am i wrong about it being plugged in somewhere

·
Team BS
757 Posts
yes it has to be plugged in. just drill and silcone. thats what im gonna do to mine. there is a box at walmart that should work, if i can find a place for it to fit.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I planned on just notching and siliconing the box. I've read somewhere that people were putting theirs inside an otter box, but I wanted to get the right size.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i just orderd a pelican 1020 today for mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Put in in your dry box on the fender. that is if its going on your 08 brute. thats where I put mine. Run it between the plastics and cut a very small slit in the plastic then put some silicon on it to be safe then put the rubber seal back on. Works fine. Ive had mine under several times and never had water in there.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
shoot brother, i get water in there as it is. :(

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
mine always has enough for a goldfish to have a new home lol

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a 1010 Pelican Case at Academy Sports tonight for 11$ I will try to install this Thursday and if successful I will take pics.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I put mine in a pelican 1020

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They don't have a spot for wires to come out. Going to notch and silicone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts