Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mud-Riding: "The only cure for this addiction, is to FEED it" - Websy

A very true statement. It's just like a drug, you do it once and the only way to extenguish the need, is to do it again and again.... To get that addrenalin high... That rush... The feeling... Even if the obstacle is not overtaken, the feeling of Attemping the deepest mud hole is just as satisfying.

You have to push it farther each time, going even deeper... Cross the middle of the pond this time, hit every mudhole on the trail not just the ones you can see the bottom of. RIDE across it, BEFORE you walk across it ;). See if you can make it in 2wd first! Can I water wheelie sitting backwards on the front rack? Are my friends brave enough to follow me through this one?

It's an art & a science really.... Knowing when to give it throttle, how much to give, when Not to give it any throttle, which way to lean, keeping good balance... If you lean left, she'll walk to the right. These things cross your mind constantly. I'm half way through this hole now.. Do I need to use the front diff lock, or is it going pull thru on its own? Did I remember to put fresh sealent on electrical connections before we left??? Hope I rememberd to put fresh silicon around the airbox lid!

If at any time you become, temporarily immobile, are your friends going to jump in and help? Yes, that is the measure of a true bond between mud-brothers(sisters). The first to bail off in the hole to help you out, he(she) is the one you can count on. Who is ready with the rope/winch? Just incase.... Who jumped in the waist deep creek without waders on, even though the water temp cant be any higher than 60* today.... Yes, this is the bond you must form with your fellow riders.

When you start to get excited just by seeing others photos or hearing about their adventures, you know you have the addiction to it's fullest extent.

Yet, when it's all said and done, isn't it just as much about the people you've met, the friends you've made, the influences you might have on younger(or new) riders. Talking with people from all over the WORLD who have the same addiction, discussing how in many ways your riding stlyes are the same, but equally as different. Teaching your kids the right way and wrong way to ride. Tread as lightly as possible young riders(pick up your trash!). It's a Family outing, something Everyone can enjoy! From grampaw, all the way down to the little tikes on their mini-wheelers. These truely are the most important aspects of our addiction.

This addiction, it's forever. It's in my blood. Mud In My Blood.... Is it in yours?

www.MudInMyBlood.com
www.MudInMyBlood.net

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i want milk.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
:agreed:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Very well stated.

Just add my reason:

To get away from the wife and kids for a few hours every Friday night.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
polaris you pretty much summed it up lol

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
My wife says im obsessed. I feel it is just that.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
My wife does not talk to me much about it....lol

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
491 Posts
Awesome .....right on spot!

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I like it!!! Well said!!! lol

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
:rockn:Once again you out did yourself:rockn:

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I have had the shakes for the last 4 weeks and I will get to go and play tomorrow evening.. It rained all day today and is going to rain all day tomorrow so it should be good and sloppy. I will try to get pics.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my boss always says, "If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid!"

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Very cool Polaris425. I liked it.:first:

·
Registered
101 Posts
my parents always say im addicted. i need to show this to them. then they will understand lol. nice thread:rockn:

·
Wilson Creek Riders
152 Posts
My wife does not talk to me much about it....lol
:haha:
Mine will talk to me about it, she just wont say anything about me doing it!
Some things are best left alone.. LOL
I think she is just afraid of what I will come home with next:eek:, so she lets me do these things!

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
I can't ride by myself. The wife is just as hooked as I am. She wants her own brute.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts