Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my brute sra fit in the bed of a yota tacoma, or an s10, or a short bed truck? im turning 16 in august and i need a truck with a 5 speed thats easy on gas and not long so i can park it at school.. any sugestions?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
i had a 99 yoter with the 2.7L in high school and it would fit a honda rubicon in the bed fine. just had to use 3rd gear on hills lol

·
Administrator
15,327 Posts
It wont fit in a full size.... Not w/ the tailgate shut. It's barely going to fit in a yota. Pick you up a cheap trailer

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
my bad wasn't even thinking that way P425. trailer will make things easier but as long as tires aren't real big it will fit. mine will fill the bed of our long bed truck so with big tires like most you guy i would say deff trailer.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
^^^That doesn't look too safe to me. Asking for a broke window, with both the straps pulling forward or a smashed up tailgate when the tailgate cables break!!!

I agree with the trailer.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
my buddy hauls his grizzly 660 in his ranger with no probs.. 27" tires on it... It just sits on the tailgate... but he has had to replace the back window 2 times already...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Agree with the others, a trailer is going to be your best bet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im running stock size ctx tires. and i know it fits in a chevy short bed. but now my question is what do yall think i should get as my first truck. im looking at 90's yota's and nissan's with 5 speeds. or even a 1500 1/2 ton truck

·
Administrator
15,327 Posts
Early 90's nissan's arnt that easy on gas... yota's are better.

·
Wilson Creek Riders
1,763 Posts
I have the same truck as P425, My Brute wont fit w the gate up like he posted. Also, on like an s10 or similar, you would have to drive over the wheel well, then youd likely bust a window coming down.

Get a trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Early 90's nissan's arnt that easy on gas... yota's are better.
:agreed: I have a 1990 nissan hardbody truck 2.4L 4cyl. w/ 5 speed and I get around 20-22 mpg. And it only has 40,438 miles so it cant be because it worn out !!LOL and dont even think of pulling a trailer ....drops to 14 mpg at best

·
Administrator
15,327 Posts
Thats pretty good. My buddies 90' s model Got 14 all the time! LoL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Shoot, my F250 gets at best 13 going down hill. Btw I'm in HS and it is a pain to park. Also my cat won't fit in the bed with the tailgate up without a high chance of busting out the back glass. Kinda wish I would have gotten a smaller truck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This the brute 100% stock when I bought it new and my truck is an 04 nissan kingcab 4x4 (6 cylinder). With 27 MudLites it just squeeze's between the tire wells front first!, just put 1" wheel spacers allaround now I may have to airthem down.
Hope this helps dude
Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ive put mine in my short bed serria and can close the tailgate BUT to close for comfort with the back window. Could put a bumper board in the bottom front of the bed for the tires to rest against to keep away from the window and rest partially on the tailgate in the back. A trailer is the best option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First Post!

My Brute 750 just fits in the back of my Avalanche......practically dont need straps its such a tight squeeze! Works well though.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
welcome to mimb rgramjet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts