Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks for all the input guys. i think i have found a truck. my neighbor got a 94 nissan kingcab 4 cylinder 5 speed and he let me put the brute in the bed of it and it fits perfectly with stock size tires. he wants 600 bucks for it. i think im gonna get it towards the end of summer

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Lol...wish my bike would still fit in the back of my truck! Gotta 01 Dodge 3500 dually...(with a 180hp Quadzilla Adrenaline programmer) it gets about 17 mpg pulling my 16ft lowboy cuz my tires wont even fit between the tail lights on the truck with the new lift.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Will the brute in the bed?

Just wondering If anybody has tried to fit there brute with 30's in the back of there z71 extended cab with the tailgate shut? I measured it and it looks like if I back it in that it will work and with my 2in lift the top rack will go above the truck so It will not hit the top. Reason Im asking is because I have to pull my 22ft camper next weekend and I cant leave the tailgate down. Thanks for your input guys, If I have to I can remove the tailgate.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It will be close, but I don't think it will. What I do is strap the tailgate up with a ratchet strap. Then you can pull your trailer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a tool box to protect the back window. the rear tires sit right on the end of the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
07 classic crew cab short bed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I backed mine in and use plastic ramps in the bed at the same height as the tire wells that it sits on, this helps to steady the bike and clear the window. tailgate open. 2004 old style Tacoma 4 door pre-runner. Works , use a heavy strap from the front of the bed around the front bumper. the tires stop at the window and the seat hangs over the roof. Trailer is better but it WILL WORK FINE. hailed the bruit that way for 3 years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
'97 Isuzu Hombre. These are factory wheels flipped, so it's super wide. Just does fit and doesn't move at at all. Now, I take the tailgate off and put in it. I still strap it down for safe measure though.

Brenton

·
Registered
44 Posts
If its to wide you can go over the hubs

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
May I ask why you have plastic bags over your ammo cans and it looks like speakers might be there but don't they get wet when riding if that is why you have them covered

·
Registered
245 Posts
I only had them on there because it was supposed to rain that night. I ended up adding 2 more bags to help keep the speakers dry.

Brenton

·
Registered
44 Posts
do you have marine speakers

·
Registered
31 Posts

Mine is a tight fit i can only imagine that s10

·
Registered
457 Posts
This is my 650 H1 in the back of a short bed nissan titan, (not small pick up i know but just for comparison)..

Think long and hard about the nissan if it will just barely fit on stock tires you're going to have a real problem when you buy some bigger meats, and you'll eventually do it stock tires only take you so far!

My cat is 7'1" stock length it's on 28" monkies now and my front or rear bumper would hit the back window / top of the cab if pulled all the way up, no matter which way I loaded it. I used two logs in front of the rear tires to save my back windshield.

According to google the brute is 7' 2" long with factory bumpers and stock tires, if your factory bumper will rest against the front of the bed now, if you change tires you're going to be hitting the back windshield later.

*Edit* My tailgate would close if I didn't have to roll up against a log to save my back glass. There's plenty of room on either side for loading other stuff such as gas cans etc around the wheeler. Think about that too you might want to haul a cooler, gas cans, tent etc as well!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll tell you this 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 gone thru (2) windows already? First time with my old Polaris 600, Winch decided to come thru the center slider glass, and now my 2011 BF, decide to just tap the Bottom corner of the right side of rear glass? Oh well replaced and its old news....lol...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts