Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, After a couple rides in the new Ranger, the dust is killer out there... Looking into windshields and there are lots to choose from. I hear that full windshields make kinda a wind tunnel and the dust pushes in from the back.. I see lots of people running half windshields, do they block the dust well? I know it gets hot riding around in summer time, so having the wind blowing helps keep cool, but we gotta do something about the dust.

So what are your experiences/opinions on windshields??

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I say half. It will help keep cold wind off your body and helps deflect dust (no it wont kill100% of it, but it does help). Plus if you splash through alot of muddy water you can still see above it unlike a muddy full windshield. And at the same time a half will also let enough air in the cab in the summer to keep cool.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
I agree. But in summer, none. Too hot.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dust is ridiculous though... Have to ride 100 yds behind the vehicle in front of you in order to not get sandblasted...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wear goggles lol and half windshield. An hour Into my ride today I couldn't see through rhe windshield it was too covered in mud

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had a fold down on my rhino, when down it was a half. It was SUPA nice. But can't find one for the ranger and the full adjustable one raises up from the bottom plus its made of glass,, an really expensive. I am also debating putting just a half on mine and put a coat of tint over it for S&G!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The dust is ridiculous though... Have to ride 100 yds behind the vehicle in front of you in order to not get sandblasted...
Quit ridin in the back... Be the leader so u can dust everyone else... lol.. Priblem solved..

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk-

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Sounds like Blue Beast has it figured out for you ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quit ridin in the back... Be the leader so u can dust everyone else... lol.. Priblem solved.
^thats me.... I'm usually bike #1 or #2

G

·
0 Posts
I have both and prefer half. Helps with dust and keeps water from rolling over hood onto your lap

·
Registered
141 Posts
Half on my teryx works good but way to hot in summer, I couldn't imagine a full windshield

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
I still got dusty even w/ the half windshield on the Rex. Matter of fact it sucked it in around the sides and made it worse. You dont have them on wheeler's and been riding them for years in the dust so... what's the difference? lol Gonna be dusty either way, and I'd rather be dusty and feeling some breeze than dusty and hot caust it's blocking all the air. Just my 2 cents...

Ride with it both ways and see which you like better. If you're just creeping all the time on trails & in the woods & mud holes, it wont matter either way.

G

·
0 Posts
I still got dusty even w/ the half windshield on the Rex. Matter of fact it sucked it in around the sides and made it worse. You dont have them on wheeler's and been riding them for years in the dust so... what's the difference? lol Gonna be dusty either way, and I'd rather be dusty and feeling some breeze than dusty and hot caust it's blocking all the air. Just my 2 cents...

Ride with it both ways and see which you like better. If you're just creeping all the time on trails & in the woods & mud holes, it wont matter either way.
True DAT! I mainly have it to keep me dry and it does deflect bird sized bugs too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Yeah you gotta watch those giant flying critters.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, sounds like I'll just spend that $200 somewhere else... I need to invest in some rock sliders or something soon... already found a crack in the plastics from something hitting it, maybe a root or something... :nutkick:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like you've been riding at Creekside....that place has the worst dust that I've been to. I love rides on rainy days because it means no dust!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like you've been riding at Creekside....that place has the worst dust that I've been to. I love rides on rainy days because it means no dust!
No I haven't been there yet.. I ate dust at Down South, and even worse at Xtreme Offroad (old Mel's) in Crosby. Both places have water trucks going up and down the main road, but it dries before they make it back down the road, so it's pretty much pointless unless you ride right behind them..

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
I like the half windshield, with the rear windscreen... don't know about your ranger, but on my rzr, somehow the rear windscreen makes a huge difference on dust. I took it off when I first got it and rode down the dirtroad and the dust was terrible. but when I put it back on it seems to keep the flow going through and somehow block the dust out. That's why I was so adamant about keeping the rear windscreen when I snorkeled mine. I cut holes in it for the snorkels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts