Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put and exhaust and am leaning toward the penland pro series, for my 650i and was wondering what yall have and like, also skid plates i want to upgrade my skid plates and was wondering what yall have and like just trying to get some feed back, i want them to be light. more of a hard core trail rider not just mud.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Ricochet skids are the only way IMO...exhaust, HMF utility of Swampseries.

I have an almond secondary in mine with various primary's. I will explain my set up later...gotta got to work.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Metal Man posted these skids. I think they look real good and would be a tad bit more functional in the draining of dirt department.
I definitely want some skids on my mod list though don't know if i need em with the riding i do, mostly creeks and mudholes.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
phreebsd I'm the same way. I want some but so far the stock skids are doing a good job.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I've got Warn skids and HMF utility

·
Banned
384 Posts
My front bash plate/skid I made myself but the rest are stock and work fine. I had a Penland Series on it once and hated it . The HMF got way to loud and annoying so now I have a modified stock one and will probably run it until it rust out.....LOL

Side note: instructions on modifying the stock exhaust is in the "How To" section.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Your right the HMF gets loud, I repack mine when it gets annoying I was thinkin about full muzzy exhaust but their proud of it

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Your right the HMF gets loud, I repack mine when it gets annoying I was thinkin about full muzzy exhaust but their proud of it
How often do you have to repack yours??
I like the utility but not the packing.....I wanna Swamp Series but not the price...LOL!! what is a good cheap exhaust??

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
about every 6 months or so, every mud hole it gets louder and louder

·
Banned
384 Posts
It's not just the packing... the holes in the core gets baked solid with mud and rust. It will eventually be like a straight pipe . I would have to take a wire buffing wheel to it. It got where it would leak so the exhaust snork did no good.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I put the zero tip in the pressure washer and fixed up just like new mine probably had a half inch of mud baked on the bottom side of the core

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I want the swamp series but no snorkel...I like it cause it has no packing but oh well....I am not giving $400 for it anytime soon...lol.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
that big $$$ is what is keepin me from that muzzy i wish i knew where to find CHEAP exhaust

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
the cheapest slip on is HMF utility... can be had for $205
I think your cheapest FULL exhaust is the big gun. 400 to your door. (my choice and near future purchase)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
the cheapest slip on is HMF utility... can be had for $205
I think your cheapest FULL exhaust is the big gun. 400 to your door. (my choice and near future purchase)
Where can I get it for $205?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ive seen them all over ebay for 205. Have like 10 different colors to choose from also.

·
Banned
29 Posts
cheapest place ive bought my exhaust which is the swamp series under 400 for the exhaust and the snorkel was atv galaxy if im not mistaken i talked them down to like 345 or 325 for everything to the house cant beat that i got them down to 200 on a utility for my buddy but this has all been like 1yr ago im sure they are still cheap and competitive when i talked to them they were not to be undersold just prove you can find it cheaper and they would beat it by atleast 50 bucks...

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
cheapest place ive bought my exhaust which is the swamp series under 400 for the exhaust and the snorkel was atv galaxy if im not mistaken i talked them down to like 345 or 325 for everything to the house cant beat that i got them down to 200 on a utility for my buddy but this has all been like 1yr ago im sure they are still cheap and competitive when i talked to them they were not to be undersold just prove you can find it cheaper and they would beat it by atleast 50 bucks...
Prove it? I think i know of a dealer that has swamp series for like $299.lol :popcorn: If they beat Lansfords price it should be around....oh I say $250. LOL!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts