Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMy 08 BF 750EFI took a drink of water and i have been trying to straighten it out ever since. Water made it past the filter. including some silt. I have done all i can think of adn had it to two dealers both of which seemed to be of no help. I changed the oil several times, changed plugs. She has full power but doesn't idle well even after setting it higher. it often stalls out. I was told by one of the dealers to clean every connection with contact cleaner/ dielecteric grease and have done that, which changed nothing. After looking at everything i could think of, i was looking at the ISC (idle speed control) valve and decided to remove it and inspect it. while it was removed i started it and behold, it ran just like it used to!? Although the idle was a bit high due to my setting it higher.
I connected the solenoid half of the valve to the bike and it cycles as it should when you shut the bike down. The tube coming of the bottom (which goes to the bottom of the throttle body) seems to have a lot of vacuum and i can use it to change the idle speed by blocking it with my thumb to the point where i can stall it out. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same issue threw mine in the bush along with half the extra crap they put on these bikes like KBEC belt sensor lol the more crap I tear off the better it gets lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts