Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINALLY DONE, snorks takin a good lil while

I'm in the process of snorkin the brute right now. I've got everything ran and the elbows under the risers in roughly the right position. Does anyone have a good tip as to how to line everything up besides measuring 23535 times and cutting once, ha. I've got the 2" rubber couplers to clean things up where they come through, but I haven't got there yet. I have a 2007 so my rack has the ears as well, so that makes it that much more difficult. Just curious as to how yall line up the risers so that the final product looks clean and well built. Sorry for the length....and THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
just go ahead and mark your shroud with a 2" piece of pvc cut at a 45.
that's what you'll be aiming for.
really though, once you start coming up where they need to come out as long as you got one next to the other, three in a row, it's gonna line up on top and look good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kk, Thanks!!!. i thought i should try something along those lines...made paper templates, but was still lost. How bout all the lines that i have to run around that come down from the bars...will everything be ok or should extra measures be taken?? I think ev will be fine but i don't have the knowledge like you do Mr. Phreebs.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
are you talking about the all the various vents?
if so, you will need to run several using 3/16" tubing.

You will need to extend:
  • carb vents - both of these run into a white plastic canister. this canister has a hole in it so it wil need to be replaced with a T. run the 2 carb vents to each side on the T and run the 3rd up to the pod. you will find this canister in front of the airbox on the right side i believe.
  • gas tank vent - you will find this one above the gastank on the right side of the bike. there's a 1 way valve then it runs into the frame. pull that out of the frame and extend it all the way to the pod.
  • radiator overflow bottle vent - left side of bike down by your foot is the overflow bottle. it has a tube on it on the backside. extend this one up to the pod. if you dont you'll get sand and dirrt in the system. believe me, i know.
the front and rear differential vents are run for you to the pod already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When i first snorked mine i cut three holes, But after i relocated my radiator i changed it to one big oval hole so fan wiring ect. can route through..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks phreebsd and mudboots. I think i've got all the vent lines run, but I'm mostly talkin about all the factory wiring and the diff vents. Do the snorkels put them in any sort of a bind when the bars are turned? It almost sort of seems like they get tight when i turn the bars. If not then I think I've got everything covered. Sorry for all the q's. I just wanna do it right, ya dig!

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I too cut one large oval for all three pipe. Just seemed pretty easy over all to go this route, IMO. Could split a hose and put around the edges to clean it up some.

Be sure to get us some pics...

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I also have 1 large hole, I tried to go back up inbetween the couplers though so it looked better...

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I dont think the wiring and vents that go to the pod would get hurt I have snorked my P650 and 2 friends brutes and never had a issue so dont worry about it:bigok:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got everything mached up and the snorks look sweet but, I can't win for loosing!! Too dang muggy here in Monroe to paint today. I did get the plastic around the bottom of the bars cut to fit each curve of the rubber couplers, and it looks sweet. I hope to have everything siliconed, glued, and painted by the end of tomorrow, and have pics up. Just in case anybody cares, haha.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
we care!

:showpics:

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Got everything mached up and the snorks look sweet but, I can't win for loosing!! Too dang muggy here in Monroe to paint today. I did get the plastic around the bottom of the bars cut to fit each curve of the rubber couplers, and it looks sweet. I hope to have everything siliconed, glued, and painted by the end of tomorrow, and have pics up. Just in case anybody cares, haha.
You better get busy quick!! Looks like rain here tomorrow as well!! lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
grrrr!!!!! I'm paintin tonight in the carport rain or no rain. ha. I'll put some progress pics up later too, when I call it a night, for you night owls...

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
grrrr!!!!! I'm paintin tonight in the carport rain or no rain. ha. I'll put some progress pics up later too, when I call it a night, for you night owls...
:bigok:We will be waitin...Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some progress pics

showin the holes cut....TOO much time i spent doin this, but i figured that if ima look at it every time i ride, i might as well do a clean job.

Attachments

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Looks good so far. I like the angled pieces coming out of the 90s.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
yep lookin good! :rockn:

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Cool good job OCCKawi That looks much better than the shrouds i have cut:haha: The only one i have done with no gangsta lean is mine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts