Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I finished changing my clutch springs, putting on my 2" lift and putting on new tires. Took the bike out rode it around, everything is great, I was sweeping out the garage and among the clumps of dirt and bolts, I found this and I know it wasn't there before. It had fresh grease on it and I cleaned it off and don't recognize it. So, anybody know what this is?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yes thats a pin goes inside your secondary clutch. Their are 4 of then that hold the two clutch sheaves together.

I would recommend putting that back in....LOL

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
This may help. Be sure you re grease it before you stick it back in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Son of a B, I knew it was gonna be something like that. What is it gonna take to put it back in? I am pretty sure I didn't want to mess with those pins because I heard they were no fun to put back in.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Super easy to put back in. You can use a magnetic screw driver or just put a dab of grease on the tip of a flat tip screw driver. The grease will hold it in place long enough for you to reach inside the clutch and put the pin in place.

The pins just push back in place. Nothing to it......minus the having to take the clutch back apart.:aargh4:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, at least I found out before the whole thing fell apart

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i knew what that was too :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how could I get another one? Because I opened it up and saw that there are 2 missing now. I don't understand how they could have fallen out, I took the stock spring out and put the yellow one in without ever screwing with the internals.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
they dont usually fall out. you have to rotate the sheaves into a position that they will come out. perhaps the factory left them out?

you can order them from the dealer or online but i think you will come out cheaper at the dealer. babbitts online likes to charge 14 minimum for shipping even if they are sending you a single feather.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MRcycles has them for 3.50 plus 9 bucks shipping. I just hope it comes in before next weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
For $9 to ship that little thing it should be there in two days :bigeyes:

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
What I don't understand, is for something that small, why can't they put it in a regular stamped envelope and mail it to you. Would be alot cheaper and quicker IMO.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
What I don't understand, is for something that small, why can't they put it in a regular stamped envelope and mail it to you. Would be alot cheaper and quicker IMO.
$$$$$$$

They mark up the shipping an astonishing amount and that's how most of them make $, not on selling the actual parts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats why when I need small stuff like that,I make it worth my while and just get other things I know I'll need. Like seals, bearings, gaskets, things I know eventually I'm going to need. That way when you do need them you'll have them there and you wont have to wait for them to come in, and it will all be shipped together so you only have to pay the shipping once. It seems like if your order is $100 or under it's 14 dollars no matter what, so I run the bill up to about $50 or so and put the extra on the shelf.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might have just been better off going to the dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I saw that I realized that I am not the only one that ended up with extra parts after a clutch job, HA!

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
When I saw that I realized that I am not the only one that ended up with extra parts after a clutch job, HA!
I just say I'm more effiecient then the manufactuer & engineers or just cutting weight for performace when I have left overs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After all the new work I did on the bike, I have to just look at it sitting in the garage while I wait on that itty bitty part to come in.:aargh4:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts