Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need the YFZ catch can or can i just run the hose back in to the engin with no YFZ catch can

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
if you just run it right back into the motor there will be no way for the crank to vent so your gonna need the catch can i do believe someone else should chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
you need something that is sealed other than the 3 hoses coming out one at top for the vent one in middle for crank vet to enter and one at bottom for oil to exit to go back into the motor. you could make your own but for the price of the yfz can why not go that way its fairly cheap

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I agree with brute650i with using the yfz can

But what I dont like about the yfz can is that the inlet for the can from motor is 1/2" OD and the vent from the motor is 5/8" ID, so with that I had a problem with it sealing good for some reason (it was blowing oil out at the can). I had to reduce it down to 1/2" and works fine now. Another thing is that the vent off the can is only 3/8 OD which i think is too small?! The drain to the motor is 1/2" which is fine you can get a 1/2" barb fitting for that, for wherever you put it at!!!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
:thinking:IS THIS CATCH CAN FOR THE CRANK CASE VENT LINE? I JUST DID THE HOSE WITH THE FILTER ON THE END LIKE IN THE HOW TO'S. IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD DO OR IS THE LINE WITH FILTER ON END FINE. SORRY TO CUT IN ON YOUR THREAD.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
The way you have it is fine^^^

I myself just got tired of it puking oil in front of me, over everything. Then would get on motor/exhaust and smoke. And on top of that you lose oil, why not save it if you can, but again the way you have it is fine!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
babbittsonline the part number is above somewhere

·
Banned
384 Posts
I'm fix'n to have to add a catch can to mine. I have mine with just the hose with a loop in it . It's got oil trapped in the loop and makes an annoying gurgling sound now...hahahaha

·
Registered
63 Posts
here is a pic of a YFZ catch can

1 - 12 of 12 Posts