Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres the inspection plate with 3/8" barb fitting (1/4" pipe thread), I drilled a hole then tapped it, screwed the fitting in and put some J B weld on it just for safe measure

And several with it place and ready to go, installing it is pretty much self explanatory

I also redid the snorkel to go under the frame loop while I was at it and changed belt, put a pink primary in to give it a try

Now im back to getting the jetting right again!!!:rockn:

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
let me know how much it affects your jetting.... I've been thinking of changing mine but I dont want to have to fool w/ the jetting.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
im guessin u went to the front cylinder? ill prolly be doin this mod pretty soon on mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put mine on the front cylinder, works great. The only thing I did different was put the vent for the catch can back to the airbox. No more smoking on those long wheelies, even with the oil level at the H mark on the dipstick. ;) I think everyone should do this mod. Too many brutes having rod bearing problems. I would say its from oil starvation, from running oil level to low.

Nice pics

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
Prolly will be the next thing I do.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Heres the inspection plate with 3/8" barb fitting (1/4" pipe thread), I drilled a hole then tapped it, screwed the fitting in and put some J B weld on it just for safe measure

And several with it place and ready to go, installing it is pretty much self explanatory

Now im back to getting the jetting right again!!!:rockn:
where'd you get that cool little filter?
Nice job, btw. :)

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank yall
It is to the front cylinder, also
I got that little UNI filter from denniskirk.com, ordered a few things from them and saw that and got it too, ive had it since i moved the crank case vent to the pod
It took me awhile to find a good area to put the catch can. That was the best spot I could find and works great there, so far!

And as far as jetting with the snorkel goes its running lean on the bottom end about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, got to figure that out but wide open seems to be fine, ill have to do some plug checks to be sure, just havent had a chance to really mess with but i might be going riding this weekend, well Saturday, so I need to get on it!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
here's another mounting location

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
That's not a BF. Is it? The t-stat and rad are not in the same place.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking the same thing, hard to tell what it is by that picture but i know its no brute, maybe a Prairie, V-Force

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
it's no brute. :(
i think there's room to place it here

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I found this pic of the catch-can all by itself. For people wondering just what it looks like (i know there are pics above)

Yamaha Part # 5TG-15370-00-00

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i just got my can in yesterday, should be doin the mod this weekend. hopefully get some pics of it and the other lil things imma do

·
Registered
149 Posts
ok i have to add this to the list of mods now. I seen this on HL last night. I think flynt

as talking about looping the vent hose like the pick on the green bike. I grabed the part # off HL here it is 5TG-15370-00-00 I guess someone put the wrong one on there and this is the right one. where r u guys getting the barb fitting??

·
Team BS
757 Posts
yeah the wrong number got posted and i ordered off that wrong number, so i posted the correct number when i realized what happened.

and u can get the fittin at any hardware store or even like autozone

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just orderd both the catch can and kxf boot 4 my snork install from babbits $43 shipped I just hope I get it by next friday so i can finish everything before I take it to hmf to get dyno tuned on the 23rd. now I have to find a little filter for the line in the pod. what size line is that?

·
Team BS
757 Posts
why run it to the pod...just run it back into the airbox. but if u must, the filters u can get at a autoparts store.

·
Registered
149 Posts
shoot I dont know cuz everyone else is doing it lol. I thought that was part of the mod. what about water?? I thought I have to run the fuel and the oil line up in the pod

·
Team BS
757 Posts
well the oil is tied into the airbox oringinally. and if u get water in ur airbox, more than likely u woulda got it in ur pod as well. i just dont like vent lines in the pod really, but thats my personal preference

·
Registered
149 Posts
well iam going to have to see witch way is eazyr does anyone know the size of the hose they use 4 the catch can? So bump 530 where did u put ur fuel line vent? and do u think were there monting the catchcan next to the shifter is how ur going to do it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts